Thursday 21 February 2008

Hiatus

Funny old time at the moment: everything has reached a natural pause after my completion of the first draft of the Full On Pictures feature earlier this year. We have received even more positive feedback from various readers, and are keeping our fingers crossed that we’ll hear back from a potential production partner in the next few weeks. Screen South, who are supporting the script development, are also organising a feedback report, and we’ll have a meeting with them soon. After that, I’m going to resume work with the second draft, but when exactly that will be is still up in the air.

So, I’m trying to fit in as much work on other projects into this downtime as I can, always aware that I might have to get stuck into a feature screenplay at any moment. I am continuing to push forward with two short projects that are in development. And, of course, there’s ‘Lent’, the digital short that I wrote which was produced last year. Had a conversation with the producer Ricci-Lee Berry yesterday, and we’ve been awarded some funding (yay!) but it won’t be enough to send our baby off to all the glitzy festivals we intended for it (boo!). We’ve got a lot of work to do getting it out there, and I'm sure I'll soon have some war stories from the crazy adventurous world of short film distribution to share with you. Watch this space.

No comments: