Tuesday 8 May 2007

Radio, Radio

Two quickies about radio drama.

As mentioned in the comments of this post, I have been investigating radio drama development executives. They most definitely exist for every region, but they cannot be submitted to directly (except in BBC Radio Scotland - see the writers' room site here ). Radio drama submissions in all other regions should go to the writers' room, or to a producer (BBC or independent).

The best thing to do would be to keep an eye out for any events where these development producers speak, and network there; but, I haven't heard of any such events, and nor can I find a current list of development producers working at the BBC. If I find anything out, I'll be sure to post here.

Secondly, I wondered if people had seen this scheme advertised: Wireless and Boundless. It sounds very interesting to me, and I'll be entering. Deadline is May 24th.

3 comments:

Lianne said...

Yes, I'd seen Wireless & Boundless and definitely going to go for it. Maybe I'll see you there? :-)

Stuart Perry said...

Hope so. Haven't found the time to sit down and write up a review and pitch yet, but hope to do that within the next few days. Good luck with yours!

Lianne said...

Cheers Stuart! I'm now wondering where I'm going to find the time for this in the next week...