Sunday 4 November 2007

The Lame Meme (and info about Pilot)

A meme is doing the rounds, and Blogful Martin has passed it on to me. Five things that I like that other people might find lame:

  1. Strictly Come Dancing. I am addicted, and have been for the last three years.
  2. Teen comedies of the Eighties. John Hughes rocks.
  3. Crying at movies / TV. I am a sentimental, soppy sod. To my shame, At the recent Guild sci-fi event, a clip of the Sarah Jane Adventures (an emotional clip, okay?!) was shown, and I was holding back the floods so as not to embarrass myself in front of a group of strangers.
  4. Heartbeat. I would love to write for it. It's great entertainment and perfectly pitched at its audience. And it's back next week.
  5. I'm so lame, I can't think of a fifth one.

NOTE: tucked away in the comments of my last blog posting, Phill Barron has brought up a point I'd also recently heard about the Channel 4 Pilot scheme - it doesn't pay very much. The payment for the eight-week training period is £100 per week, and accommmodation expenses are not claimable.

This is good for me, as it decides whether I'm going to enter something or not. I'm not - I can't afford to. And I didn't really have time anyway. Onward and upward...

1 comment:

martin said...

re '80's teen comedies - Pretty in Pink rocks - how can a film with New Order, The Smiths and Otis Redding on the soundtrack fail??

She should have ended up with The Duckman at the end tho...