Monday 30 April 2007

My name in lights (ish)

I arrived home this afternoon, after a long weekend away at a friend’s wedding, and found that interesting packages had arrived in the post while I was away. As well as two script books I won in Danny Stack's competition, there was also a DVD of the final cut of my short film ‘Lent’.

This is the first time I’ve seen it with the final mix, music and credits, and – look! – there’s my name floating up the screen ‘Writer: Stuart Perry’. Hooray! I exist. Next stop the imdb…

…actually, next stop is the Cast and Crew screening this week, when I’ll see it on the big screen for the first time. I’ll be sure to report back on how it goes.

6 comments:

potdoll said...

congratulations! did you direct it too? I'm on the same scheme but East Midlands version. We seem to be behind the rest of the country though.

Stuart Perry said...

No, I was just the writer; directing's not an ambition of mine at the moment. I thought all the regions ran the digital shorts schemes at around the same time? Obviously not.

potdoll said...

"Just" the writer!!!???

I think our final deadline was end of April but I am not sure anyone met it (and not sure why not). I'm hoping to be done by Friday.


Are you happy with yours?

Stuart Perry said...

As opposed to writer-director, I mean :-) I don't want to run down the craft of writing, obviously; particularly as this was a writer-instigated project. But a lot of hard work was put in by the other HODs and crew, and I wouldn't want to diminish that either.

Good luck with getting yours completed.

Lianne said...

That's great news Stuart! Is it a bit cheeky to ask if you could post a bit more about your experiences with the DV shorts scheme? I'd love to apply for it this year.

Stuart Perry said...

Not cheeky at all - I'm sure it will be useful for people, and I'll certainly try to put something up soon.